A perfectly wrapped gift would not look complete without a matching ribbon bow, nor would your Christmas tree have that festive feel if you wouldn’t use this type of supply to decorate it, but can ribbon be useful for other things as well? From florists, to chocolate factories, this type of element can have multiple purposes, but there are some things you can try right at home, which will give you the chance to benefit from some interesting and unique creations, projects you’ll love to do and will bring you some great results. Because you probably have a box full of strands of ribbon somewhere in your house, why not put them to good use? Here are some unique and creative ways to do so:
Give your outfits the “wow” factor
Yes, ribbon can in fact be incorporated in a wide range of outfits, and it will not only make your attire seem more vibrant, but it will give you the opportunity to stand out, and upgrade your sense of fashion in an unconventional way. Because it is so easy to play with, beautifying your clothing items, and your outfits altogether this way, won’t seem difficult at all:
- A ribbon collar for a little black dress of a pain shirt is an effective way of making that piece of clothing more stylish and appealing
- Ribbon used as a waistband – an accessory that can make an oversized dress seem more feminine
- You can replace the handle of your handbag with ribbon, and thus match it to the rest of your outfit.
- Insert pieces of ribbon cut in geometrical patterns to a plain white t-shirt and give it new life
These are only a few recommendations, but you can come up with your own projects in this department, all you need to do is let your imagination and creativity run freely.
Want to give your living room a new appearance with minimal effort? Why not bring a splash of colour into the decor? A great way to do that would be to design a ribbon curtain for the lounge area. You will need to use top-quality supplies for this project, preferable the grosgrain option, for increased durability. Mix a few shades that go well together, and suit the style of our interior design. All you need to do is attach straps of ribbon, choosing an appropriate size, to your curtain pole. The results will completely boost the entire visuals of the room. You can buy ribbons and bows online for this project, and considering their affordability, you’ll get yourself a brand new, amazing curtain at a low price
DIY ribbon lampshade
Each decoration you choose to place in your home can influence in one way or another the entire interior, and if you want to give the premises a playful touch, ribbon will be the ideal decorative supply. One idea would be to take an old lamp you no longer like and change its design with ribbon. Create a lampshade by hand sewing this type of element in small bunches across the shade of the lamp (it needs to be a simple one for this to actually work). The ruffled effected obtained will look better than you would have expected. Although this item would be more appropriate for a child’s bedroom, it can work in other areas as well, if you have went for a shabby chic décor.
Ribbon entry door wreaths
Wreaths don’t have to be a Christmas decoration solely, at least not if you use the right ribbon in creating this element. Wreaths give that festive feel to a home, and placed on the entrance door, will make your home seem more welcoming and the premises more visually drawing. Watch a step-by-step tutorial, and you will see for yourself just how easy you can pull off this project. A ribbon wreath can soon become your favourite decoration for your front entrance.
Use it as a hair accessory
Ribbon can be used to boost your personal style, and not just incorporated into your outfits but used as a hair accessory as well. an otherwise dull, or simple hairstyle can instantly increase in appeal, if you add a strand of ribbon to it, especially if you choose a colour that compliments your eye colour or matches your outfit. This element will give your appearance that girly and chic vibes, and you have the chance of trying a wide range of options on the matter. Some easy hairdos can improve your appearance in general, and ribbon will make getting ready much more fun:
- Ponytail with a twist – instead of your regular hair tie, give a simple ponytail extra chicness by replacing it with a piece of ribbon. Let the strand a bit longer to fall on your shoulders, or tie it in a bow, if you prefer it that way.
- Colourful curls – use bobby pins to attach slim pieces of grosgrain ribbon to your hair, mixing them with your flowy curls. The effect created will be cute and girly
- Ballerina bun – give the finishing touch to your ballerina bun by attending a large saint bow to it. Together with a skater dress, you will achieve an eye-grabbing look
- Braided ribbon – braid a strand of ribbon together with our hair and make your braids colourful and more interesting.
You might have never thought of ribbon as a hair accessory, but it can work great.
Ribbon – a classic decorative supply – can be used for so much more than just gift wrapping or Christmas tree decorating. If you want to explore your creative side, and benefit from some basic DIY skills, you will love doing all of the projects suggested in this article. From adding a twist to your wardrobe, to creating some wonderful elements for your interior design, you can play around with ribbon and come up with amazing projects of your own. Look over these ideas with care, and consider giving them a try for yourself – you will likely be pleasantly surprised with the results.