Proper planning takes you a long way when you are the organizer of an event. Whether big or small, it has to make an impact on participants for it to be successful and memorable, having people talk about it for years to come. To pull it off and make that lasting impression, you should consider integrating the following advice as success sits in details you would normally overlook when planning at a larger scale.
#1 – Make it unique
Depending on the venue you rent for the occasion, you can make a lasting impression by integrating unique elements into the show. Light and water festivals are the latest trend and make a buzz every time, without exception.
If a presentation must undergo during the event, a water screen can be the perfect support for it. Whether you use the ingenious projection support purely to entertain guests and have a movie play or you present a certain product or service, it’s sure to leave everyone in awe.
#2 – Good food takes you a long way
When the belly is full, you feel better and are more inclined to have a positive outlook on what is happening around you. Don’t neglect the importance of food at an event as this is an expectation attendees justifiably have.
While there is no specific recipe to follow, what you can do is take into consideration what type of guests you are expecting. If international guests are expected to arrive, make menus that focus on local cuisine, whereas if the participants are mostly local, you should include different international cuisines to impress them.
#3 – Quick tips
- Have special guests and make their performance one of a kind. Whether you invite dancers or singers, you can make the moment they are on stage spectacular with a water curtain onto which their performance is projected live.
- Engaging event sessions are a must if possible. Have a professional in the field come and talk, share experiences and keep people engaged.
- Tailor the experience. If suitable, divide the venue into specific regions where attendees can have different experiences. This way, you satisfy a bigger portion of participants.
- Make sure that you cater to everyone’s taste when it comes to drinks. Have alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage options at the bar, and make sure that you include popular drinks that are generally consumed, as well as lesser-known assortments that are more exotic and surprising.
- Trends come and go, and it is your duty as an event planner to check out what the latest trends are and integrate the ones that suit your project best to be successful.
- During the event, make sure that you appeal to guests on a personal level. With a large-scale event it is a bit more difficult than with a small-size event where there aren’t as many attendees, but regardless of the event’s size, make an effort and have a chat with as many people as possible.
- Ask what attendees want. Take time and ask as many participants as you can what they expect from the event, what food they prefer, whether they want it to be seated or standing, and so on. You can even pitch some of your ideas to see how they react and make small changes so that you please participants.