Pasta has been a food of the common people for centuries, and because of this it does not receive as much attention as the extravagant dishes. It is one of the world’s most accessible foods and almost each country has its own version. For example, Hungary and Germany have spaetzle, Poland has pocket-like pierogi and Greece orzo. Americans have many easy pasta recipes similar to those served in Italy, except for the spaghetti and meatballs. Pasta is kid-friendly, satisfying and the perfect dish to make on a busy night. Moreover, it offers endless flavor possibilities because you can add your favorite ingredients to almost any recipe. These 3 quick and easy pasta recipes taste incredible and keep the ingredients and the cooking to a minimum:
Total Time: 25 m| Serves: 4
6 strips diced bacon
4 egg yolks
1 pound of spaghetti or linguine
1 cup grated Parmesan
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions listed on its package.
2. Use a pair of kitchen shears, or clean scissors to dice the bacon. This is easier and quicker than cutting it with a knife.
3. Whisk the yolks in a large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the drippings while whisking constantly. Add the Parmesan, drained pasta, bacon, pepper and parsley. The heat from the pasta will cook the eggs, but not thoroughly. Serve immediately and if you want to give it to young children or the elderly, consider cooking the mix into a pan for a couple of minutes.
Hot Italian Sausage and Tomato Pasta
Total Time: 30m| Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 10m
4 hot Italian sausages, casings removed
1 pound dry fettuccine
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 medium red onion, sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, smashed
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ torn basil leaves
1 cup torn arugula
1 pint red or yellow cherry tomatoes
¾ teaspoon salt
1. These easy pasta recipes are great because it only takes half an hour to make them. Begin by cooking the dry fettuccine according to the package instruction, and after it is ready drain it.
2. In the meantime, heat a large saucepan and add the oil, onion and garlic. Cook until the onion softens.
3. Add the sausage and cook it for approximately 5 minutes while you crumble it with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, pepper and salt and cook for 8 minutes.
5. Add the basil, arugula and the cooked fettuccine. Serve in deep plates or bowls and top with the Parmesan.
Penne With Salmon, Arugula, and Chives
Total Time: 25m| Serves 4
8 ounces penne
1 pound skinless salmon fillet
¼ cup chopped fresh chives
3 cups arugula
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup pine nuts
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
2. Penne with salmon are easy pasta recipes because the fillet is versatile and cooks quickly. Place the salmon in a large saucepan and fill it with water so that it is completely submerged. Add the bay lead and cook it for approximately 10 minutes. Flake after you remove it from the pan.
3. Toast the nuts in a skillet until they are golden and transfer them into a large bowl.
4. Add the oil in the skillet and after it heats add the salmons, salt, penne, lemon juice and cook for 3 minutes. After it is almost done stir in the chives and arugula.
5. Transfer the pasta to a bowl. Enjoy!