The Art of Drawing Flowers
Most people think that only a talented person can draw a sketch. That is not entirely true, because what people don’t know is that you can educate yourself and improve your skills. Drawing flowers may be the perfect example that we can offer you in order to prove to you that anyone can draw something if they really try.
Here are 10 steps on how to draw a rose. The art of drawing flowers is not very complicated, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you have all the tools you need. You will need a sharp pencil, an eraser and a sketch book, of course.
- Start by drawing a letter “U” in a curved way, on the center of the page. Its size depends on how big you want the flower to be. Don’t do it too big though, because you have to sketch another two similar shapes under the first one.
- Draw a vertical line starting from the middle of the last “U” form and keep in mind this will represent the stem. This is why you might want to do it in a curved way.
- Add the contour of a leaf without drawing anything in it.
- Sketch the petals using the smallest “U”shape. The key is to draw the petals in a certain way that leads the impression they fold over each other.
- Apply the same method for the second “U” structure and for the last one. Try to make the petals look like they overlap.
- Draw the flower’s sepals by adding curved angles on the base of the biggest “U”.
- Drawing flowers sure looks more easy now, when all the hard work is done. However, there are a few more details that will help your rose look better. You have to add the thorns on the flower’s strain.
- Remember, the leaf has a ragged aspect so you must draw its contour by using little pointing angles.
- If you want to make your flower look more realistic, you can color it by using red colors for the petals and green for the sepals, stem, thorns and leaf.
You can start making another two roses, one in the left area of the page and the other one on the right area. If you will respect the same principles, you will get the same result and in the end you will end up with a bouquet.